Late Night Excitement

So I'm extremely pumped about not watching TV for the next 3 days!!

I challenged the students of Ignite tonight to The Discipleship Experiment - where we chose to replace one thing in our lives with God time in the form of prayer, scripture, or family time (family counts as God time because God gave them to you - find God in sunsets and sushi).

And I'm doing it together with them - I'm replacing TV with God time. I watch 2-3 hours of TV per night, by the way. It starts tomorrow morning so stay tuned for updates!

I know there might be criticism about all the time being God time, but there's always time for criticism later. Right now, I'm psyched about hearing students stories about the next 3 days.

Oh and it will all culminate with Tony's leadership training Saturday night!

1 Response to "Late Night Excitement"

  1. Dawniev Says:

    Hey... I know I don't say this often enough and I was actually lying in bed thinking about how you've really touched the kids (biological and socially) in my life. GOD told me to get my butt out of bed and come share it with you. I don't think us parents take the time often enough to high-five you.. shoot you kudos... or whatever slang you guys use today.

    You're doing an amazing job! I... no US... the parents of your students, are extremely honored to have you as our Youth Pastor. It's been neat and entertaining to watch you mature over the past two years. You're doing your parents proud! I know mom speaks it and I am sure dad finds ways of showing you. Your children are proof of that! As are all of the kids whom you've chosen to lead. I see it in so many of them. How they are influenced by you and your ability to just throw it out there at any cost.

    I am so proud of you... if I am allowed to be. That sounds corney... I know you think it is too! However... it is what it is! You, in some sort of kind of way, belong to all of us. And for that, I am honored and proud!!! You represent an awesome Faith... keep it true!

    From a parent, friend and member of CCC.

    Dawn

Post a Comment