Time Chart

We decided as a leadership team that I would begin to track my hours. I knew in the back of my mind the kind of results this would yield, but it still is really challenging. I'm finding I'm not focused. At least not as focused as I should be. I jump from one task to the next without full completion. The result is mediocre fruition.

So I'm starting this week differently. I'm listing the tasks for the week and prioritizing them. Then I'm going to stick to it.

This feels so basic and even immature. But growth, I've found, mostly feels this way. That's why it's so easy not to grow. The challenges are not exciting exhilarating mountains. They are many times mundane minute by minute changes that we've spent a lot of time allowing to stew and set. I'm convinced though that without these mundane changes, we will not be adequately prepared for the big exhilarating mountains when they come.

Ben Arment challenged me to read through Nehemiah in a phone conversation last week and Nehemiah sets a great example of patient change without too many words and speeches, marketing and hoopla. It's the life that happens when we're not paying close enough attention that will change the future.

1 Response to "Time Chart"

  1. Colleen Says:

    I love the book of Nehemiah =)! Thanks for visiting last night, I'm adding you to my blog roll if you don't mind :)!

Post a Comment