Humble Vision

So I'm still trekking through the scriptures in an effort to finish the Old Testament for the first time. While Romans is continually challenging me, I'm enjoying the comfort of the minor prophets. I closed out Zephania today and the theme remains: pride drives you from God and without repentance God gets angry. The love is incomprehensible at times - how God could pursue us and pursue us and, even after punishing us, reminds us that we are His.

It's easy for me to have great vision that's inspired by people like Perry Noble and Steven Furtick, however I see the danger in myself to let pride creep in and and I begin to think that it's my vision. I defend my vision - "God gave ME this vision!" and would even challenge people on it. But it's God's vision and we are just to be his vessels. Like it says in Zephaniah 3:12, only those who are humble will be spared God's wrath and judgment. If I really am God's to do with as He wishes, there should be no arguing from me when things change and turn to uncomfortable.

1 Response to "Humble Vision"

  1. Dawniev Says:

    I'm so glad that you are a key part in my daughter's lives.

    I never knew your dad but as a mom of two of your students...I would bet my life, he's smiling and bragging some! And with good reason. Keep it up!

Post a Comment